Your privacy on the ELI Group’s website
What information do we gather?
The ELI Group collects information on its sites in two ways: (1) directly (for example, when you provide information to sign up for a newsletter); and (2) indirectly (for example, through our site’s technology).
We may collect and process the following information:
- When this information relates to or identifies you, we will treat it as “personal data”.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes registering to use the site, subscribing to newsletters, registering for a conference or forum. Pages that collect this type of information may provide further information as to why your data is needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you whether you want to provide it.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Our site collects information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type for statistics reports.
- Details of your visits to our site and resources you access (including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data). Please see the Cookies section below for more information.
How do we use information that we collect from the site?
We use personal data to provide you with information you request, register you for labs, PODS, speaking engagements, and for other similar engagements. For example:
We analyze your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our site, to help us identify ways to improve it and, eventually, to determine how we can tailor our site to make it more effective. Please see the Cookies section below for more information.
- To fulfill your requests for newsletters or other content
- To personalize your site experience as an alumni
- To send information about registration
Will we share your personal data with outside parties?
We will not sell personal data to third parties. However, there will be other times when we need to share or disclose personal data you provide for a specific purpose, for example:
What about sensitive personal data?
We do not collect sensitive personal data through this site.
What about data security?
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of personal data collected via the ELI Group’s site. You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that information and personal data may flow over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by using our Contact Us form.
You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications to you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you at any time by using our Contact Us form.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a site. Cookies are then sent back to the originating site on each subsequent visit, or to another site that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a site to recognize a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies do a lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
What if I don’t want cookies?
By using our site you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained below. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device you can change your browser settings to do this. When you review your browser settings or options, you can identify the ELI Group cookie by the fact they include “eli group” in the name. For more information on managing cookies see www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies, Current “Do Not Track” initiatives are not recognized by our site.
Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience as parts of the site may no longer work. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon you visit our site, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
Turning off cookies will also prevent any web beacons from tracking your user activity on our site. The web beacon will still account for an anonymous visit, but your unique information will not be recorded.
What types of cookies are there and which ones does the site use?
Strictly necessary cookies - These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided.
We categorize the following cookies as strictly necessary:
These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet outside our site.
- Registered Visitor Cookie - A unique identifier given to each registered user, used to recognize them through their visit and when they return to the site. (see also Functionality cookies below).
- Performance cookies - These cookies collect information about how visitors use a site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a site works.
That about covers it—we do our best to maintain your privacy and create a valuable, informative site, with the best user experience possible.
If you have any questions now or during your visit, please contact us using our Contact Us form.